Horse fun

Yesterday 15th of June I was with a friend who owned a horse named Jack or Jackson. Josie Shari and I were making Jack look all pretty, we were braiding his hair and putting spray on him to make checkers. After we finished making him look beautiful Shari got on him to ride.   We made a little track with 4 jumps.  It was funny at one stage because Shari was going over the bounce jump and Jack stopped right in front of the jump but she tried again and he finally bounced it.

We were talking about western style rides and how we wanted to see Jack try and do them so Shari rode over to get 3 barrels and place them as if she was doing barrel racing. She got ready and I got ready with the timer then she passed me as I pressed start on the timer Jack was awful at barrels, he rode like 2 metre away from the barrels and we were laughing so hard. Then she went to try again and Shari and Jack went around the 2nd barrel and started bucking all of a sudden. I was still sitting on the floor laughing at her.  All of a sudden Jack was running after me and I stood up and bolted as fast as I could, Jack following every step I took.  I was so scared then Shari finally got control of Jack and rode the opposite way. I was relieved that he was no longer chasing me.

Shari then went to go and do some jumps so I sat down on a crate.  Then, all of a sudden, I didn’t notice Shari coming around the barrel.  She stopped on top of me then I was patting him.  Shari then made him start chasing me again then I unfortunately fell to my knees and had no time to stand up so I crawled for a bit. I finally got onto my feet and ran as fast as I could until I could hide behind Josie.  I finally got away then got my breath . We then started to head in and wash the horse. The end

One thought on “Horse fun

1. Luwana, you and Shari remind me so much of my daughter and her friend who were just like you with their horses! Always building obstacle courses and grooming them! I enjoyed reading this as it brought back nice memories.

You are doing so much better with your full stops. Remember to read it aloud before sending so that you can hear where you need to start a new sentence. Remember your capital letters at proper names ie Jack.

Lastly, can you see how many times you use the word “then”? When you repeat words like this it tends to make your story a little boring so mix it up and use other words such as – later, after that, when we had had enough, soon after, a little while later – and so on. It makes your writing more interesting.